SopCast is a communication technology that allows free live streaming of peer-to-peer channels, free peer-to-peer broadcasting of your media content on the web using embedded plugin in your browser. It also allows you to play any url based streaming media. Its support is incredible from android devices, inbuilt stock browser to your desktop browsers. It saves you from the costs of procuring a server and installing magnanimous bandwidth internet connection to relay your content over the web.
The communication channel or medium is built on top of a state-of-the-art protocol combination and this is the backbone of the entire structure of SopCast It offers minimal delay and fast buffering so that frames are not lost and can be obtained in non-realtime too.
- It enables Firewall and NAT traversal to take care of IP addressing issues between the peers. The CPU and RAM are used as little as necessary to maintain it light and efficient. This can be gauged from the fact that it works as a simple browser plugin.
- It further allows to redirect the content to be played using your preferred external video or audio player residing on your system or smartphone. It has its own internal player too.
- It supports memory buffering so that the RAM usage is minimized.
- Peer-to-peer network must be endowed with security features and SopCast takes proper care of that aspect too.
- SopCast 1.2.8 now supports Android from 2.2 and above for streaming multimedia using url or sharing and broadcasting channels between peers.
- It now also allows one to broadcast a channel without user or channel registrations. This service is called "Quick Channel".
- Their latest offering is 3.9.6 and this has fixed earlier bugs in crash report module, and installation of the .bat file. The data transfer performance has also been significantly improved since the earlier versions.
- SopCast for Mac has been released since its development began long time ago. Mac 1.3.5 is currently offered. You can watch all your listed channels or can input your own additions by just adding new url and it will be added in the list.
How To Embed?
The code for embedding SopCast on your website is available at their official website. This is a completely free to use service and must not be sold commercially. It is free to be distributed and redistributed for research purposes.
It is a phenomenal software and a true peer-to-peer media transceiver.
SopCast Reviews (Add your review!)